RXE8: The Final (21 Minute Time Cap)
100 Hang Snatch, 115/75
80 Ring Dips
60 Box Jumps, 30/24”
40 Worm Thrusters
20 Worm Clean & Push Overs
200m Worm Run
Scaled +Masters E8: The Final (21 min clock)
100 Hang Snatch, 95/65
80 Hand-Release Push Ups
60 Box Jumps, 24/20”
40 Worm Thrusters
20 Worm Clean & Push Overs200m Worm Run
***ATHLETES PLEASE NOTE: On Sunday, you will be allowed to access, enter, and exit to the Warm-Up Area through the Southwest door by the Loehr Medical Tent. During E8 heats, YOU WILL NOT HAVE ACCESS TO THE WARM-UP AREA THROUGH THE FIELD OF PLAY.
E8 Movement Standards
- Start position: Athlete achieves full hip/knee extension with shoulders positioned behind the frontal plane of the barbell.
- Hang Snatch Reps may be performed from above or below the knee
- A muscle, power, or split, or full Hang Snatch are all permissible
- Barbell must move from below the hips to overhead in one fluid motion. Pressing out is allowed only if the receiving position of the barbell is above the height of the head
- The rep is complete once both feet have returned to the frontal plane, hips/knees/elbows are fully extended, and control is demonstrated
Ring Dips/Hand Release Push Up
- Start position: Athlete achieves support above the rings with elbows fully extended and shoulders positioned directly over hands
- Execution: The axis of the shoulders must reach a depth below the height of the elbows. No portion of the feet are allowed to touch the ground during the athlete’s descent or ascent atop the rings
- The rep is complete once the athlete has achieved support above the rings with elbows fully extended and shoulders positioned directly over hands
- (Sc/Masters) Hand Release Push Up: Starting position: From a planked push up position on hands with elbow fully extended – Both of the working athlete’s hands and fingers must be positioned entirely on the designated dollimar mat
- The athlete then descends to a fully prone position, both hands must simultaneously be completely lifted/disengaged from the mat and then returned
- Execution during Ascent: Full extension of both Hips/Knees must be maintained. Athletes will be required to maintain a vertical line from heels-to knees-hips-and shoulders during each HRPU rep. Toes must remain on the ground throughout entire execution of the movement
- The Rep is complete once initial start position is achieved
- Any attempt to pike or worm will result in a no-Rep
- A two-foot jump takeoff is required
- Full hip/knee extension atop the box is required for a successful rep
- You may step or jump back in your return to the ground
- Each reps starts with all 4 athletes on the same side of the worm with the worm resting on their shoulders
- At the bottom of the thruster, each athlete’s hip crease must simultaneously pass below the height of their knees
- At the top, each athlete’s hips & knees must reach full extension as the worm is lifted over the athletes head and moved to the opposite shoulder
- The arms are not required to reach full extension as the worm is moved overhead
Worm Clean & Push Over:
- With athletes all 4 teammates on the same side of the worm, In one fluid motion all 4 athletes will bring the Worm from the ground to their shoulders
- The worm must then be pushed over all 4 athletes heads to the other side of the body and back to the ground
- The worm is not required to go to the opposite shoulder prior to being returned to the ground
- With all 4 athletes always positioned on the same side of the worm, they must travel 100m to the turnaround point
- Once the entire body of the worm has passed the designated 100m mark, the worm must be dropped
- The athletes will then again position themselves – all 4 on the same side of the worm, pick it back up, and travel 100m back to the finish point
- In the case of a DNF, teams will receive credit (1 rep) for every 50m traveled
Inside Start: All 4 Athletes positioned under the rig behind the designated tape-line within their lane. Unless clearly and visibly hand-tagged in by the working teammate, ALL ATHLETES MUST REMAIN WITHIN THIS SPACE FOR THE DURATION OF THE INSIDE FACILITY PORTION OF E8.
For the inside facility portion of E8, only 1 athlete works at a time.
For the outside facility worm-portion of E8, All 4 athletes must work simultaneously.
For team transition from inside facility to outside facility: You will travel behind the rigs, out the ramped back bay door, and must remain OFF of the outside field of play.
Lanes 1/3/5/7/9 will be positioned closest to the building. Lanes 2/4/6/8/10 will be positioned furthest from the building.
You must complete all Worm Thruster and Worm Clean & Push Over repetitions ON the mats in your designated lane.
For the worm run:
If your team is on a RED-TAPED Mat/Lane, You must run your worm entirely through the RED 100m drop line.
If your team is on a WHITE-TAPED Mat/Lane, You must run your worm entirely through the RED 100m drop line.
Every team will be required to drop the worm at the 100m turn-around point.
Your time will stop once the entire length of the worm is past the designated finish line, ON the Mat, and all teammates are positioned ON the Mat.