HOA 2020 Event Details
When: Friday, September 25 – Sunday, September 27, 2020
Where: CrossFit Springfield – Springfield, MO
1900 W Sunset St, B100, Springfield, MO 65807
Teams must be comprised of 4 members: 2 Men and 2 Women.
Athletes will not be required to be from the same gym.
Team Captains (or whomever registers your team) will still be prompted to input an gym/affiliate that the team is representing based on their own discretion or on the amount of athletes on the team from a particular box.
Fitness is cardiovascular/respiratory endurance, stamina, strength, flexibility, power, speed, agility, balance, coordination, and accuracy. At The 2020 Heart of America Team Competition presented by JUNK | 1st Phorm, every team – regardless of division – will be collectively tested in each of these 10 domains.
Here’s our best piece of advice, train accordingly:
HOA will not be releasing a checklist of movements, modalities, and loads to practice and prepare for. We believe that if you are training regularly and participating at a box with coaches and ownership who subscribe to, encourage, and incorporate performing constantly varied, functional movements at high intensity across broad time and modal domains then you, along with the guidance of those who comprise your gym’s leadership team, are already more than well-equipped to assess your current skill level and ability. Adhere to the aforementioned training method, work hard, attack your weaknesses and you will be good to go this September 25-27.
Prescribed & Scaled Divisions
All Athletes must be over the age of 16 as of 9/25/2020
Athletes under 18 years of age will required a minor waiver signed by a legal guardian.
Masters Division 40+
All athletes must be age 40+ as of 12/31/2020
Nuts & Bolts
Cost per Team: $450 (Registration Fee) + $36.45 (Tax) & Competition Corner Fees ($33.92)
Total: $520.37 per team
Registration for HOA 2020
Registration for all divisions will open Friday, July 10 @ 9:00am
Although we don’t recommend trying to have one person sign up multiple teams, please note that refunds will NOT be given to any team who registers for their team twice. They will be transferable but YOUR TEAM will be responsible for finding another team to take the spot. Please stay tuned to this site and The HOA Facebook Page for upcoming announcements and additional registration instructions.
- Refunds will not be administered for a rescheduled or postponed event due to COVID-19
- No refunds for any reasons other than a cancelled event
- Team registrations may be transferred to another team, payment must be handled privately between team captains
CANCELLED EVENT POLICY:
If event is CANCELLED:
- If the event is cancelled by HOA, your entire purchase, the price and any Competition Corner fees, will be refunded to you by the organizer IF fees have not been incurred for athlete tees/tanks
- If an event is cancelled by HOA AND athlete tees/tanks have already been sent to the printer, $50 will be deducted from your refund and the shirts will be mailed to the team captain.
Please email email@example.com for details